Monday, September 8, 2008

Afghani Invitation Cards





thought of as Mexican opens a question, a search across thousands of
little gaps and land in my knowledge.

Mexico to me is its geography, history happened on their land, what the senses perceive in them, but the question comes with its people. Who are your heroes? Who are your children?

Fear, insecurity, confusion, doubt, vertigo. Where do I stand? Fact or fiction.



Octavio Paz wrote that "for the Mexican life is a chance to fuck or be fucked." So looks like it has been our history, or at least we have come as students and recipients of official history, written by the badass. I have no intellectual authority to dismantle the official truth, but if the right and obligation to compare versions.

Mexicans puffed with pride when we hear the name of our heroes national, but who made them heroes? Maybe if you could also read his boigrafĂ­as I consider heroes, or at least say that I admire some of the things they did, I am grateful for the dedication and courage that allowed Mexico where I live now, at least be a reasonable pride, not an act of faith.

I wonder which of the cases were national heroes because of their struggle as a Mexico prosperous for all?, Who sacrificed their personal interest in the country? I am sure that many who did not in the history books, and therefore in the minds of most Mexicans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment